Are you looking for the best tips and tricks to boost your PTE DESCRIBE IMAGE preparation?
While preparing for the PET speaking test, I am sure you have encountered PTE describe Image as a challenge.
But not anymore, I have explained in detail all about PTE exam describe Image.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
1. Marking scheme of PTE – Describe Image
2. PTE Describe Image Tips
– Speak Loudly
– Do not repeat or correct yourself in between
– Do not try to copy the accent
– Don’t waste too much time reading instructions
– Everything is not possible to explain
3. Bonus tip
Marking scheme of PTE – Describe Image
The marking scheme and criteria are essential to understand to attain good marks in Description. Image.
I am going to explain to you in detail about the marking criteria for Describe Image.
You must know that one describe Image carries 15 marks, and you can get upon 5-6 describe images.
PTE describe Image is judged on the three different basis –
– Make sure you speak in a flow, and there are no hesitation, pauses, or repetitions if you want to get 5 points in Fluency.
– Pronunciation is judged based on how bright your English is and how easily a native English speaker can understand you. A native speaker should be able to listen to you efficiently without any extra effort.
– If you want full 15 points in describe Image, then you have to focus more on content. To get full five marks, you need to follow a pre-planned format. The format must include the introduction along with all the key points in the Image.
PTE Describe Image Tips
– Try to speak a little louder while recording your explanation in the mic. Your voice must be thunderous enough and noticeable.
Do not repeat or correct yourself in between
– If you stutter or mispronounce any word, then don’t stop in between. You have to continue stating your responses until the end of the recording.
Remember that every unusual pause, stutter, or baffle is counted as an error by the system during the test.
Do not try to copy the accent
– You do not have to copy the intonation. Remember, the PTE test is not the native speaker, so do not try to copy the accent of the native speakers.
Don’t waste too much time reading instructions
– You will get only 25 sec before the recording of your description starts. So, try not to spend time reading the instructions instead observe the image/graph/table and utilize most of the 25 sec and start speaking as soon as the recording begins.
Everything is not possible to explain
– Do not try to explain every bit of information you see in the image. Just analyze the Image thoroughly and record only the key points with proper introduction and conclusion.
Now one of the most important tip for you :
Define a Format before appearing the exam
Try to stick to a format as this will lessen your probability of getting confused and will boost your confidence as sticking to a form will save you time.
Well, if you don’t have a format, then don’t panic, we have an easy to learn format.
1. Introduction line –You may form your first statement by using the information given in the describe image and create an introduction line.
2. Explain what is at the top and bottom of the screen.
3. Compare the highest – lowest, most – least, maximum-minimum, and so on
4. you may mention significant differences and similarities of given class intervals or key variants that appear in the given graph/ image.
5. Create a sentence about either similarity or something unusual.
Remember here the emphasis is on how you think & what you think, so for that matter, try to explain something unusual in the Image. With that note, try to be descriptive about the picture itself.
1. Conclusion – summary, reason or prediction
2. Well, summarising all of the above, Be attentive, memorize different things about the picture, & practice to be as descriptive as you can with minimum words.
3. Practice as much as you can before the exam.
The FAQ( Frequently Asked Questions):
You might have many questions in mind, I have stated some of the most common Questions students generally ask us about.
Ques 1. Do I get some extra time to analyze the Image?
Answer – YES, you will get an extra 25 seconds to analyze and to get prepared before you start recording your answer.
Ques 2. How much time will I get to record my answer?
Answer – You will get a total of 40 seconds to record your explanation.
Ques 3. How many describe image questions will I get?
Answer – You can get up to 4 to 5 questions of PTE describe Image to solve.
Ques 4. What is the marking scheme followed for PTE describe image questions?
Answer – I have explained in detail about the marking scheme for Pte describe Image in the above section of this blog You can click this link to read – Marking scheme for PTE describe Image
Ques 5. Is there any list of all different types of image topics available for the PTE image describe?
Answer – Yes, I have got a whole list of different types of images that can appear for PTE describe Image.
On your test day, you may get a variety of graphs, diagrams, or pictures to describe, which may include :
Summary on How to crack PTE Describe image:
- Speak Loudly
- Do not repeat or correct yourself in between
- Do not try to copy the accent
- Don’t waste too much time reading instructions
- Everything is not possible to explain
I hope we’ve answered all your queries, if any doubt, share in the comment section below.
Some blogs you may find useful:
If English is not your first language and you want to study in abroad, you will need to take an IELTS (International English Language Test). Since the format and rules of the IELTS test are slightly different from normal school exams,
Tested monthly, the OET online coaching in India covers all four language skills (writing, reading, listening, and speaking) with an emphasis on communication in a healthcare environment.
The IELTS test is an individual oral test. Essentially, the format of the oral exam of one of them tends to assess the same thing: the structures and vocabulary we use to communicate, the communicative interaction (between candidates and with the examiner), pronunciation and speech processing.As part of our service, and in this particular case, in exams that have a Speaking component, we try to minimize the tension of the candidates, by promoting a more friendly and jovial environment. And it’s there while waiting for their moment to spend the 10 or 12 or 14 minutes of their oral exam, where I like to talk with them and listen to whatever comes to their mind a few minutes before the exam.
And the long-awaited moment arrived when you enter your passwords on the British Council website and get the score you needed: the long-awaited band 7. In our case, we got it the first time, although we lacked strategy so much in Writing as in Speaking. We thought that the better the level of English, the better the result (as something obvious) but in this exam, this is not true at all.
When preparing for the OET exam, you need to practice often to get ready for the speaking test. There are many different ways to do it, including finding a tutor online or joining some local class. However, you can practice at your home in your free time as well in many different ways.
While giving IELTS exam, a candidate does several things which they should try to avoid. When you join IELTS online coaching India then they will prepare you well so that you don’t make any mistakes. In this blog, we are going to mention a list of things that an IELTS...
Some people are experts in speaking English with full confidence and ease. Although they don’t have excellent vocabulary it is not a big deal to chat in English. And, on another hand, some people are just a disaster when it comes to English. They feel like there is a...
In our childhood, when we came across white foreigners at some tourist place, we get very anxious to meet them and get the opportunity to learn some English words. We all have that Childhood memory, Right? People in Punjab are very fascinated with the English because...
Are you from Punjab and struggling with IELTS bands for a long time? Did you figure what could be the reason for dripping bad scores in the IELTS test again and again? A demographic data report by the IELTS website came up with the percentage of Punjab students, and...
The moment you began preparing for the IELTS exams in Punjab, there would be several myths and rumors that you might come across. IELTS is the most talked-about exam in Punjab as it allows them to locate outside India in their favorite countries. But why Punjab has...