Are you looking for the best tips and tricks to boost your PTE DESCRIBE IMAGE preparation?
While preparing for the PET speaking test, I am sure you have encountered PTE describe Image as a challenge.
But not anymore, I have explained in detail all about PTE describe Image.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
1. Marking scheme of PTE – Describe Image
2. PTE Describe Image Tips
– Speak Loudly
– Do not repeat or correct yourself in between
– Do not try to copy the accent
– Don’t waste too much time reading instructions
– Everything is not possible to explain
3. Bonus tip
Marking scheme of PTE – Describe Image
The marking scheme and criteria are essential to understand to attain good marks in Description. Image.
I am going to explain to you in detail about the marking criteria for Describe Image.
You must know that one describe Image carries 15 marks, and you can get upon 5-6 describe images.
PTE describe Image is judged on the three different basis –
– Make sure you speak in a flow, and there are no hesitation, pauses, or repetitions if you want to get 5 points in Fluency.
– Pronunciation is judged based on how bright your English is and how easily a native English speaker can understand you. A native speaker should be able to listen to you efficiently without any extra effort.
– If you want full 15 points in describe Image, then you have to focus more on content. To get full five marks, you need to follow a pre-planned format. The format must include the introduction along with all the key points in the Image.
PTE Describe Image Tips
– Try to speak a little louder while recording your explanation in the mic. Your voice must be thunderous enough and noticeable.
Do not repeat or correct yourself in between
– If you stutter or mispronounce any word, then don’t stop in between. You have to continue stating your responses until the end of the recording.
Remember that every unusual pause, stutter, or baffle is counted as an error by the system during the test.
Do not try to copy the accent
– You do not have to copy the intonation. Remember, the PTE test is not the native speaker, so do not try to copy the accent of the native speakers.
Don’t waste too much time reading instructions
– You will get only 25 sec before the recording of your description starts. So, try not to spend time reading the instructions instead observe the image/graph/table and utilize most of the 25 sec and start speaking as soon as the recording begins.
Everything is not possible to explain
– Do not try to explain every bit of information you see in the image. Just analyze the Image thoroughly and record only the key points with proper introduction and conclusion.
Now one of the most important tip for you :
Define a Format before appearing the exam
Try to stick to a format as this will lessen your probability of getting confused and will boost your confidence as sticking to a form will save you time.
Well, if you don’t have a format, then don’t panic, we have an easy to learn format.
1. Introduction line –You may form your first statement by using the information given in the describe image and create an introduction line.
2. Explain what is at the top and bottom of the screen.
3. Compare the highest – lowest, most – least, maximum-minimum, and so on
4. you may mention significant differences and similarities of given class intervals or key variants that appear in the given graph/ image.
5. Create a sentence about either similarity or something unusual.
Remember here the emphasis is on how you think & what you think, so for that matter, try to explain something unusual in the Image. With that note, try to be descriptive about the picture itself.
1. Conclusion – summary, reason or prediction
2. Well, summarising all of the above, Be attentive, memorize different things about the picture, & practice to be as descriptive as you can with minimum words.
3. Practice as much as you can before the exam.
The FAQ( Frequently Asked Questions):
You might have many questions in mind, I have stated some of the most common Questions students generally ask us about.
Ques 1. Do I get some extra time to analyze the Image?
Answer – YES, you will get an extra 25 seconds to analyze and to get prepared before you start recording your answer.
Ques 2. How much time will I get to record my answer?
Answer – You will get a total of 40 seconds to record your explanation.
Ques 3. How many describe image questions will I get?
Answer – You can get up to 4 to 5 questions of PTE describe Image to solve.
Ques 4. What is the marking scheme followed for PTE describe image questions?
Answer – I have explained in detail about the marking scheme for Pte describe Image in the above section of this blog You can click this link to read – Marking scheme for PTE describe Image
Ques 5. Is there any list of all different types of image topics available for the PTE image describe?
Answer – Yes, I have got a whole list of different types of images that can appear for PTE describe Image.
On your test day, you may get a variety of graphs, diagrams, or pictures to describe, which may include :
Summary on How to crack PTE Describe image:
- Speak Loudly
- Do not repeat or correct yourself in between
- Do not try to copy the accent
- Don’t waste too much time reading instructions
- Everything is not possible to explain
I hope we’ve answered all your queries, if any doubt, share in the comment section below.
Some blogs you may find useful:
Preparation for IELTS is the most crucial step towards achieving your desired goal of studying abroad. A proper Preparation, along with the right set of guidance and training before the exam, helps you to score well on the D-day. The mock tests allow you to...
OET or Occupational English Test is a language proficiency test for health professionals. It assesses their listening, reading, speaking, and writing skills. It is beneficial for the people who wish to settle and practice in an English-speaking country. OET involves...
OET 2.0 Listening Test Tips | OET Listening Are you preparing for the Occupational English Test (OET)? Do you want to score high in the OET exam? Well, in this article we will share all the key tips to improve your performance in the OET Listening subtest Part A. In...
Best Books for PTE Exam | Top 10 books PTE exam is known as the Pearson English Language test, is an English language test for students and working professionals who want to work or study abroad. The PTE exam is trusted by universities & colleges in many countries...
IELTS is most prominent english test which will allow you to study or work abroad. There is 2 types of Exam in IELTS first is IELTS Academic that is for study abroad and another one is ILETS General that is for Work abroad. Both contains 4 types of test Listening,...
Best Books For OET Preparation The Occupational English Test(also known as OET) is the English Language test for healthcare professionals. This exam is curated to analyze the candidate’s language proficiency of healthcare professionals who want to practice abroad. OET...
OET Reading Test Tips & Reading Material | Oet Exam Are Preparing for the Occupational English Test (OET)? Do you want to score high in the OET exam but confused about how to prepare for it? Well, in this article we will share all the key tips to improve your...
Covid -19 IELTS EXAm Latest Updates For Exam Takers As you know every country is dealing with the Novel Coronavirus that is spreading rapidly. Many Countries are following Completely Shutdown to protect its citizens. In this pandemic Situation, IELTS official, too,...
IELTS Writing Tips | 12 Tips for IELTS Writing Task 2 Are you searching for effective ways to score high in the IELTS writing task 2? In this article, I will tell you the top 12 Tips for IELTS Writing Task 2. IELTS Exam is the most common and popular language exam...
Novel Coronavirus (Covid -19) - PTE Test Latest Updates For Exam Takers As you all are well aware, coronavirus is very much spreading around the world and is the biggest issue at present. Efforts to control the Coronavirus outbreak are continuing to be taken by the...