How to get 7+ bands in IELTS Writing:IELTS Writing section plays an essential role. With o2masters help, follow our guidelines, and surely you can score seven bands and above.
The main goal of IELTS Writing is to check:
- Grammar, Vocabulary, ability to Generate ideas.
- Ability to analyze and compare various things.
- Graphs, charts, pictures, etc. Understanding
- Ability to generate ideas on various topics and give opinions.
IELTS General – Writing tasksThere are two tasks in the IELTS Writing Exam.
IELTS Writing Task 1:Letter writing: You need to write a letter of at least 150 words based on a formal or informal situation. Test- taker has 20 minutes to complete this IELTS Writing Task 1. In this, the situation is given; no other information is mentioned, whether it is formal or informal. Candidate needs to decide this on their own and read the question carefully. Frequently asked Situations in Task 1:
- Addressing complaints (mostly formal)
- Forwarding invitations (mostly informal)
- Making arrangements (formal/informal)
- Expressing apology (formal/informal)
- Registrations/applications (mostly formal)
- Obtaining request
Sample Instruction (question – formal letter)You are interested in applying for a scholarship program to study at Howard University. Write a letter to get information about the course.
- Show your interest in a particular course
- Mention about your knowledge about the University
- Explain why the university should provide you with the scholarship
- Concerning the subject cited above, I would like to introduce myself as an applicant for claiming the scholarship.
- I am writing this letter about the scholarship program for graduate study.
- This is in response to the notification about the scholarship program for graduate study at your acclaimed/esteemed university.
- I want to introduce myself as an aspirant for the scholarship program for pursuing graduate study at you’re your university of global reputation.
Summary of the getting Band score 7+ in IELTS General Writing Task 1:
- Read & understand the purpose of the letter for Writing Task 1.
- Recognize the type of letter and decide if it is a formal letter or informal letter.
- The main focus on the beginning and end of the letter.
- Mention all the critical points as given in the question paper.
- Vocabulary & grammatical structured should be maintained.
- Write the letter in paragraphs.
- Keep the word limit up to 200 words maximum.
- Do not spend any more than 20 minutes on Writing task 1 so that you have 40 minutes for Task 2. Task 2 is worth twice as much as Task 1, and so you must spend more time on Task 2.
IELTS Writing Task 2 – Writing Assignment:A topic is given, and the candidate has to write an essay in 250 words. The time given is 40 minutes( Because you also need to complete IELTS Writing task 1 in the initial 20 minutes of the 1 hour. For a perfect score & band, the candidate needs to write not only quickly but also focus on writing your answer. IELTS Writing Task 2 usually asks about a social problem, anything related to society. The topic could be health, gender roles, youth, environment, education, etc. Do not focus on fancy words but giving a point of view on the topic with the help of examples. It is not necessary that you take all the aspects. You may take only one, two or all the elements 1st Paragraph: Introduction (definition), history, scope, etc. 2nd and 3rd Paragraphs: Actual points of debate, your point of view on the topic with the help of examples. 4th and 5th Paragraphs: Highlights on the limitations with the suggested solution followed by conclusions and references.
IELTS Writing Task 2: How to write an introduction
IELTS Writing Task 2 Tips: Expressing your Opinion
IELTS Writing Task 2: Linking words for the Conclusion
Significant parameters for getting a higher score:
- Ideas showed must be relevant to the given topic.
- Powerful sentences without grammatical errors.
- Vocabulary should be above average and appropriate. Using vernacular (mother tongue) collocations results in less score.
- Linguistic Phrases and Idiomatic Expressions would attract a higher score.
- Avoid repetition of words/phrases and or ideas.
IELTS writing task 2 question types:Agree or disagree question is about determining whether you agree or disagree with the given statement. The question asks you to give your opinion on the same. Any social issues…. Then-candidate is asked…. Do you agree or disagree with this view?
Advantage/disadvantage:In this, you are given a topic and then asked to discuss the advantages & disadvantages. Any Topic… then-candidate is asked… Discuss the advantages & disadvantages of this.
Discuss both views:In this, both views or opinions are asked for a particular situation or topic. Any topic… then-candidate is asked… Discuss both sides.
Discuss both views and give your opinion:In this, the candidate needs to discuss both views and give your advice.
Problem/solution:In this, a problem/solution asks you to provide a possible solution to a particular situation. Any Situation… then the Candidate is asked… Suggest ways to tackle this problem.
Double question:This question contains a double question essay, two items will be asked, and the candidate needs to answer both.
How is IELTS Writing Task 2 marked or scored?You can calculate your score: 8+6+6= 20/3=6.66. Task 1 score and two tasks, two scores, and then divide it by 3. IELTS usually round the number up or down the nearest half score, which means from 6.66 to 6.5.
Summary of the getting Band score 7+ in IELTS General Writing Task 2:
- Keep reading newspapers or e-newspapers and be updated with the latest changes in society, politics, current affairs, etc. plus, your vocabulary will be improved too.
- Watch tv channels, web series, debates to have good exposure to English.
- Always make on an outline
- Keep it simple
- Focus on language, grammar structure not on the length
- Understand collocations
- Avoid spelling mistakes
- Don’t use the wrong words or informal language
Consider an Online PTE preparation course.O2 masters usually provide individual classes for both Academic and General Training. The main goal of O2 masters is to make a candidate enjoy learning and improve day by day. I hope we’ve answered all your queries, if any doubt, share it in the comment section below. About O2 Masters ensures no matter what your test OET, IELTS, or PTE, you achieve an optimal score. Receive guidance, personalized tips, and solutions. We help you boost your score through a combination of smart teaching and personalized teaching plans.
OET Writing Sub Test Three Big Mistakes to Avoid
According to OET preparation course for doctors this is confusing for the reader because no logical link is provided between the first and second paragraphs.
How to Read the News and Improve your IELTS Reading Score
If English is not your first language and you want to study in abroad, you will need to take an IELTS (International English Language Test). Since the format and rules of the IELTS test are slightly different from normal school exams,
Format of OET exam 2021
Tested monthly, the OET online coaching in India covers all four language skills (writing, reading, listening, and speaking) with an emphasis on communication in a healthcare environment.
Rumours About IELTS in Punjab
The IELTS test is an individual oral test. Essentially, the format of the oral exam of one of them tends to assess the same thing: the structures and vocabulary we use to communicate, the communicative interaction (between candidates and with the examiner), pronunciation and speech processing.As part of our service, and in this particular case, in exams that have a Speaking component, we try to minimize the tension of the candidates, by promoting a more friendly and jovial environment. And it’s there while waiting for their moment to spend the 10 or 12 or 14 minutes of their oral exam, where I like to talk with them and listen to whatever comes to their mind a few minutes before the exam.
How to get 7+ each in IELTS 2021
And the long-awaited moment arrived when you enter your passwords on the British Council website and get the score you needed: the long-awaited band 7. In our case, we got it the first time, although we lacked strategy so much in Writing as in Speaking. We thought that the better the level of English, the better the result (as something obvious) but in this exam, this is not true at all.
Learn OET Speaking Step By Step in 2021
When preparing for the OET exam, you need to practice often to get ready for the speaking test. There are many different ways to do it, including finding a tutor online or joining some local class. However, you can practice at your home in your free time as well in many different ways.
10 Things You Should Never Do Before IELTS Exam
While giving IELTS exam, a candidate does several things which they should try to avoid. When you join IELTS online coaching India then they will prepare you well so that you don’t make any mistakes. In this blog, we are going to mention a list of things that an IELTS...
Are You Scared To Speak English in Public?
Some people are experts in speaking English with full confidence and ease. Although they don’t have excellent vocabulary it is not a big deal to chat in English. And, on another hand, some people are just a disaster when it comes to English. They feel like there is a...
Why Punjabis Love English?
In our childhood, when we came across white foreigners at some tourist place, we get very anxious to meet them and get the opportunity to learn some English words. We all have that Childhood memory, Right? People in Punjab are very fascinated with the English because...
Top 5 reasons for the failure of Punjab Students in IELTS
Are you from Punjab and struggling with IELTS bands for a long time? Did you figure what could be the reason for dripping bad scores in the IELTS test again and again? A demographic data report by the IELTS website came up with the percentage of Punjab students, and...
This article is great! If it help, you can teach your child to read,