Latest IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions 2019 | IELTS Writing Task 2 Topics:
IELTS(Internation English Language Testing System) is a leading English language proficiency test for higher education, university admissions, employment and global migration which is managed by British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge Assessment English.
With O2Masters, IELTS Writing exam online Coaching, Score better with our Expert Team.
O2 Masters ensures their students achieve an optimal score. Our Experienced Tutors help you boost your score through a combination of smart teaching and personalised teaching plans.
IELTS Exam has 4 modules:
1- IELTS Listening
2- IELTS Speaking
3- IELTS Reading
4- IELTS Writing
In this article, we’ll discuss Latest IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions.
IELTS Writing Part is a significant part to be ready for. With o2masters help, follow our guidelines, and surely you can score seven bands and above in IELTS Exam.
IELTS Writing Tasks Checks:
- Grammar, Vocabulary, ability to Generate ideas.
- Ability to analyze and compare various things.
- Graphs, charts, pictures, etc. Understanding
- Ability to generate ideas on various topics and give opinions.
IELTS General – Writing tasks
There are two tasks in the IELTS Writing Exam.
1- IELTS Writing Task 1
2- IELTS Writing Task 2
IELTS Writing Task 2 – Writing Assignment:
In the second part of IELTS Writing, Candidate is given an essay to write in 250 words.
Duration of exam: 40 Minutes( But you are also supposed to complete IELTS Writing Task 1 in the initial 20 minutes of the 1 hour.
Latest IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions
- The best way to deal with the rising problem of traffic and transportation is to encourage people to live in cities rather than in the suburbs or in the countryside. To what extent do you agree?
- In the past, museums stored information about culture and history. However, nowadays this information can be found through the Internet, so there is no need for museums. Do you agree or disagree with this view?
- Nowadays, the media focuses on problems and emergencies rather than positive developments. Some people think it is harmful to individuals and to society. To what extent do you agree?
- Some people think parents should be forced to attend childcare course to learn how to take care of their children. Do you agree?
- Some people believe that women should play an equal role as men in a country’s police force or military force, while others think women are not suitable for these kinds of jobs. What is your opinion?
- Some people believe that if people are allowed to work after the age of 60, it would cause problems for younger people. To what extent do you agree?
- Housing is essential for people. Some argue that the government should offer free housing for people who cannot afford it. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
- Many employers are employing people with good social skills as well as good qualifications. Do you agree that good social skills are as important as good qualifications to succeed in a job?
- Some people think that learning the language and culture of a country is essential when you live in a country for a long time. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Some people believe that the radio is more enjoyable and practical than TV. Do you agree?
- Some people think that government spending on the restoration of old buildings in cities should be stopped. They should spend the money for new housing and road development instead. To what extent do you agree?
- Studies have shown that many criminals have a low level of education. For this reason, some people believe that the best way to reduce crime is to educate people in prison, so that they can get a job when they leave. Do you agree or disagree?
- It is believed that children from countries with a high level of unemployment should be offered only primary education and should not be offered secondary education as it is unlikely they will get a job in the future anyway. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
- It is a natural process that animal species such as dinosaurs become extinct. There is no reason for people to prevent this from happening. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- When a new town is planned, it is more important to develop public parks and sports facilities than shopping centers for people to spend their free time in. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Some people think that manufacturers and shopping malls should sell products with less packaging, while others argue that people have the responsibility to buy products with less packaging. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
- Some people think that economic growth is the only way to end world poverty and hunger. Others think that economic growth is causing damage to the environment and should be stopped now. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
- Some people think that cultural traditions may be destroyed when they are used as money-making attractions aimed at tourists. Others believe it is the only way to save these traditions. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
- Nowadays people make friends through social networks and internet chat groups. Some people like this idea. Others think that face-to-face interaction is essential. Discuss both views and give your opinion
- Some parents think it is good to give their children mobile phones, while others disagree. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
- Some people think that competitive sports should be included as a subject in school, while others believe that it has a negative effect on children. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
- In some countries, secondary schools aim to provide a general education across a range of subjects. In others, children focus on a narrow range of subjects related to a particular career. Which do you think is appropriate in today’s world?
- Due to advances in science, it is now possible for people to live to 100 years old or even longer. While some people think it is a good thing, others do not agree. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
- Some people think that young people should spend their free time with their families instead of enjoying outside entertainment, others do not agree. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
- Some people believe that it is important to give presents to friends and family to show that we care about them. Others think there are better ways to show that we care. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
- Some people believe that to be successful at a sport you need a natural ability and others think that hard work and practice can make you successful. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
- Some people think that technology has made people more social, while others think people have become less social. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
- Some people think the government should spend money on faster public transportation, while others think there are other more important priorities of public transport. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
- Scientists believe that finding other life forms in space by sending messages is a good idea, while others disagree. Discuss both views and give your opinion. 30) Some people think that people can be encouraged to take up sport through sporting events such as the Olympics. However, others think there are better ways to encourage adults to exercise. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
- Some people believe that universities should only accept young students with high marks. Others believe that universities must accept students of all ages regardless of their previous grades. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
- Some people think that zoos are cruel and all zoos should be closed. However, some people think zoos can help protect rare animals. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
- The number of older people is increasing. Some people think it will cause problems in their countries; others believe this group is important to society. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
- Children nowadays spend a great deal of time watching television. However, television cannot replace the book as a learning tool, which is why children are less well‐educated today. To what extent do you agree with this statement?
- Some people think that foreign visitors should be charged more than locals when they visit cultural and tourist attractions in a country. To what extent do you agree with this view?
- Universities should allocate the same amount of money to students’ sports activities as they allocate to their libraries. Do you agree?
- Tourism is becoming increasingly important as a source of revenue to many countries, but its disadvantages should not be overlooked. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Throughout history, people have dreamed of living in a perfect society, but they have not agreed on what an ideal society would be like. What do you think is the most important element of a perfect society in the modern world? How can people work towards achieving an ideal society?
- More and more companies are allowing employees to work at home. Do you think this is a positive or negative development?
- Many people say that the only way to guarantee a good job is to complete a course of university education. Others claim that it is better to start work after school and gain experience in the world of work. Discuss
- Some people think that spending a lot on holding wedding parties, birthday parties and other celebrations is just a waste of money. Others, however, think that these are necessary for individuals and the society. Discuss.
- Many people say that movies and TV programs affect us negatively while others say that they are two influential and useful media for us. How do movies and TV affect us?
- Nowadays we are producing more and more rubbish. Why do you think this is happening? What can governments do to help reduce the amount of rubbish produced?
- Many young people are leaving their homes in rural areas to study or work in the cities. What are the reasons? Do the advantages of this development outweigh its disadvantages?
- Nowadays, international tourism is the biggest industry in the world. Unfortunately, international tourism creates tension rather than understanding between people from different cultures. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
- Demand for food is increasing worldwide. What is the cause of this? What measures can the international community take to meet this demand?
- Experts say older people were happier and healthier in the past because they did more exercise and spent more time with family and friends, whereas now many suffer loneliness and health problems. What are the causes of this and what are some solutions?
- People spend a lot of money on various things as they earn more money nowadays than before. Is it a positive or negative development?
- Many famous sports players advertise sports products. Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?
- These days many families move to other countries for work. Some people believe that the children in these families benefit from this move. However, others believe that it makes life more difficult for the children. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
- Many people think that more money will make them happier. How important is money for happiness?
- Some people think parents should supervise their children’s activities closely, while others believe children should have more freedom. Discuss
- Today, many people do not realize how important the natural world is. Why is this How can people learn more about the importance of the natural world?
- In many countries, weddings are getting bigger and more expensive than the past. Is this a positive or negative development?
- Some believe that it is the responsibility of people to take care of the environment. Others say it is the government that should take care of the environment. Discuss
- These days, mobile phones and the internet are very important to the ways in which people relate to one another socially. Do the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages?
- Scientists believe that in order to protect the environment, people must use less energy in their daily lives. However, most people have not changed the way they live. Why do you think many people have not taken individual action? What could be done to encourage them to take action?
- Films and computer games which contain violence are very popular. Some people believe they have a negative effect on society and so should be banned. Other people, however, say they are just harmless and help people to relax. Discuss both these points of view and give your own opinion.
- Many doctors say that people in today’s world do not do enough physical exercise. What do you think are the causes of this? What solutions are there to this problem?
- More and more parents are allowing their children to play on computers and tablets as they think that children should learn technology skills. Do the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages?
- Many people join distance‐learning programs (study material, post, TV, Internet) and study at home, but some people think that it cannot bring the same benefit as attending colleges or universities does. Do you agree or disagree?
- Psychological illnesses may not be as obvious as physical disabilities or illnesses, nevertheless they are just as disabling in their own way. Society, however, is more accepting of those with physical than psychological illnesses or disabilities. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Should education and healthcare be free of charge and funded by the government, or should it be the responsibility of the people to pay for these services? Write at least 250 words.
- Governments spend a lot of money on public celebrations such as national holidays and public festivals. Some people say that the government spends too much on this and that they should use this money on other useful things. Do you agree or disagree?
- In some schools and universities, girls tend to choose arts subjects (e.g. literature), and boys tend to choose science subjects (e.g. physics). Why do you think this is so? Should this tendency be changed? Do you agree or disagree?
- Due to so many young people dropping out from schools, the rate of unemployment is increasing and it affects our society in different ways. In your opinion, how can this situation be improved? Write at least 250 words.
- Children are facing more pressures nowadays from academic, social and commercial perspectives. What are the causes of these pressures and what measures should be taken to reduce this? Write at least 250 words.
- Some people believe that allowing children to make their own choices on everyday matters (such as food, clothes and entertainment) is likely to result in a society of individuals who only think about their own wishes. Other people believe that it is important for children to make decisions about matters that affect them. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
- In a number of countries, some people think it is necessary to spend large sums of money on constructing new railway lines for very fast trains between cities. Others believe the money should be spent on improving existing public transport. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. Write at least 250 words.
- More and more people are migrating to cities in search of a better life, but city life can be extremely difficult. Explain some of the difficulties of living in a city. How can governments make urban life better for everyone?
- Planting trees is very important .some people says that trees should be planted in the vacant areas of cities and town, while others says that housing facilities should be built instead. Do you agree or disagree?
- In many countries, women no longer feel the need to get married. Some people believe that this is because women are able to earn on their own income and therefore do not require the financial security marriage can bring. To what extent do you agree?
- Nowadays celebrities are more famous for their glamour than for their glamour and wealth than for their achievements and this sets a bad example to the young people. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- More and more businesses as well as individuals are choosing to communicate either professionally or socially using technology rather than face to face. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of using technology for communicating.
- Some people think that being able to communicate with others online is breaking down geographical barriers and enabling people, who would normally never have the chance to meet, to communicate. What are the advantages of international communication online? Are there any disadvantages to this?
- Nowadays there is an increase in social problems involving young people because more parents spent time at work than with their children. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Give specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
- Some people are afraid to go out for fear of being robbed on the streets. Still, there are robberies that happen inside houses. What do you think is the best things a person can do to ensure his/her own security? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
- Some people think that with combined effort on the part of the government and society crime can be completely eradicated, while others argue that this is completely hypothetical and that crime has always been present in societies even in ancient times. Compare these two views. Which do you agree with? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
- Today, most people get married and give birth in their thirties rather than when they are younger. Is it a positive or negative development in your opinion? To what extent do you support this development?
- Environmental issues have always been an international problem because governments are not imposing harsh punishments against offenders. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Support your answer with specific reasons and examples.
- Many efforts have been made by countries to address challenges concerning the environment but the situation has not improved. What are the possible reasons for environmental degradation? Are there any solutions to combat this problem? Support your answer with specific reasons and examples.
- In many countries, people tend to move overseas or move to a different part of their country after their retirement. Discuss why they do so and what the outcome of this situation is. Provide specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.
- Recent surveys show increased interest in relocation and travel to other countries. What may be the reasons for this trend, and what will be the possible outcome from this behaviour? Provide examples for your opinion.
Practice these questions as much as you can.
Are IELTS writing questions repeated?
How can I improve my writing task 2 in ielts?
- Introduction: Repeat the question in your own language
- Describe your opinion
- Give other side of the argument
- Summarise your opinion
What are the topics in IELTS writing?
- Health, Fitness and Diet
- Culture, Traditio
IELTS WRITING TASK 2 TIPS: EXPRESSING YOUR OPINION | TIPS FOR INDIA STUDENTS
IELTS WRITING TASK 2: HOW TO WRITE AN INTRODUCTION LEARN IN PUNJABI
IELTS WRITING TASK 2: LINKING WORDS FOR THE CONCLUSION LEARN IN PUNJABI
Do IELTS Preparation Course with O2Masters.
Consider an Online IELTS preparation course.
O2 masters usually provide individual classes for both Academic and General Training. The main goal of O2 masters is to make a candidate enjoy learning and improve day by day.
I hope we’ve answered all your queries, if any doubt, share it in the comment section below.
About O2 Masters ensures no matter what your test OET, IELTS, or PTE, you achieve an optimal score. Receive guidance, personalized tips, and solutions.
We help you boost your score through a combination of smart teaching and personalized teaching plans.
BLOGS FOR IELTS PREPARATION
According to OET preparation course for doctors this is confusing for the reader because no logical link is provided between the first and second paragraphs.
If English is not your first language and you want to study in abroad, you will need to take an IELTS (International English Language Test). Since the format and rules of the IELTS test are slightly different from normal school exams,
Tested monthly, the OET online coaching in India covers all four language skills (writing, reading, listening, and speaking) with an emphasis on communication in a healthcare environment.
The IELTS test is an individual oral test. Essentially, the format of the oral exam of one of them tends to assess the same thing: the structures and vocabulary we use to communicate, the communicative interaction (between candidates and with the examiner), pronunciation and speech processing.As part of our service, and in this particular case, in exams that have a Speaking component, we try to minimize the tension of the candidates, by promoting a more friendly and jovial environment. And it’s there while waiting for their moment to spend the 10 or 12 or 14 minutes of their oral exam, where I like to talk with them and listen to whatever comes to their mind a few minutes before the exam.
And the long-awaited moment arrived when you enter your passwords on the British Council website and get the score you needed: the long-awaited band 7. In our case, we got it the first time, although we lacked strategy so much in Writing as in Speaking. We thought that the better the level of English, the better the result (as something obvious) but in this exam, this is not true at all.
When preparing for the OET exam, you need to practice often to get ready for the speaking test. There are many different ways to do it, including finding a tutor online or joining some local class. However, you can practice at your home in your free time as well in many different ways.
While giving IELTS...
Some people are...
In our childhood,...
Are you from...