IELTS WRITING TASK 1 | QUESTIONS – TIPS AND TRICKS OF IELTS WRITING TASK 1
What’s in it for me?
1. All about IELTS Writing Task
2. Most Important Topics for IELTS Writing Task 1
3. Important Questions for IELTS Writing Task 1IELTS(International English Language Testing System) is a leading English language proficiency test for higher education, university admissions, employment and global migration which is managed by British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge Assessment English. With O2 Masters, Score better with our Expert Team. O2 Masters ensures their students achieve an optimal score. Our Experienced Tutors help you boost your score through a combination of smart teaching and personalized teaching plans.
1. ABOUT IELTS WRITING TASKScoring well in the IELTS writing test is very crucial for candidates because the writing subtest takes over a quarter weight in the overall band score. It is an important part of both Academic as well as general Ielts training versions. But for both the version of IELTS test writing tasks and assignments are pretty different. Writing tasks in general Ielts focuses on writing for everyday personal life and semi-formal writing styles. Whereas in the Academic version of IELTS writing tasks are relevant to the formal style of writing. The writing tasks and assignments in both the versions are different, but the test structure and the formats are very similar in general as well as the academic version of IELTS. These are some of the points regarding the IELTS writing test which are common in both versions of IELTS.
- The writing test consists of 2 tasks named Task 1 and Task 2.
- Total Writing test time is 60 minutes.
- Task 1 covers 1/3rd of the total score and task 2 covers the remaining 2/3rd.
- The candidate should answer task 1 in more than 150 words and task 2 in more than 250 words.
2. Most Important Topics for IELTS Writing task 1Before getting to the important topics, here are some relevant points you should consider. A. In task 1, the candidate will be marked on the basis of the following 4 aspects.
- Grammar – 25%
- Vocabulary – 25%
- Coherence and Cohesion – 25%
- Task Achievement – 25%
Topics For IELTS Academic Writing task 1This task tests your ability to select and report the main features, to describe and compare data, identify significance and trends in factual information, or describe a process.
- Bar Chart Sample Essay
- Process- Cement and Concrete Production.
- Pie Charts
- Process Questions
- Bar Chart Questions
- Line Graphs
For IELTS General Writing task 1In this task, you will be presented with a situation and asked to write a letter requesting information or explaining the situation. You can write the letter in a personal, semi-formal or formal style.
- Letters to Make an Application
- Letters to Invite
- Letters / Answers to Advise
- Letters / Answers to Apologise
- Letters / Answers to Make a Request
- Informal Letter
- Letter to inform
3. Questions for IELTS Writing Task 1Most important Questions for General IELTS writing task 1 that you must practice – Ques 1. You had a terrible experience at a restaurant where you have eaten last night and you have decided to inform the manager by writing a letter of what happened, and that you want your money back. Things you have to include: – You need to be concise but explain the facts of what happened. – Be Polite. No one responds to the insult. – You must Outline what you wish from him. What do you want now? Ques 2. Your internet connection has been very slow for 3 days. Write a letter to your internet service provider to make a complaint about it. In the letter : – Describe the problem and why you are not satisfied. – Ask them to arrange an engineer to visit your home – Also, Request a reduction in your bill Ques 3 You have to apply for a job. You need to write a cover letter and explain your reasons for choosing this particular job at this particular company, and also why they should choose you. Things you should include are: – Your required qualifications and reasons for you to be hired – Your energy and enthusiasm for the job – Your past experience in a particular field. Ques 4. You want to join the local orchestra. Write a letter of application to the orchestra. In the letter: – you have to introduce yourself and your choice of instrument. – Express your enthusiasm and passion for music. Ques 5. Your friends recently moved to a new city. You will also be moving to that particular city. Write a letter to your friends and also include in that letter : – Ask them how to find a place to live – for that, tell them what kind of place you want to live in. Ques 6. Write a letter to one of your favorite restaurant owners. Include the following:
- what is the reason for writing
- Why this is your favorite restaurant.
- Point out some Suggestions for improvement
|Percentage of households with:|
BLOGS FOR IELTS PREPARATION
If English is not your first language and you want to study in abroad, you will need to take an IELTS (International English Language Test). Since the format and rules of the IELTS test are slightly different from normal school exams,
Tested monthly, the OET online coaching in India covers all four language skills (writing, reading, listening, and speaking) with an emphasis on communication in a healthcare environment.
The IELTS test is an individual oral test. Essentially, the format of the oral exam of one of them tends to assess the same thing: the structures and vocabulary we use to communicate, the communicative interaction (between candidates and with the examiner), pronunciation and speech processing.As part of our service, and in this particular case, in exams that have a Speaking component, we try to minimize the tension of the candidates, by promoting a more friendly and jovial environment. And it’s there while waiting for their moment to spend the 10 or 12 or 14 minutes of their oral exam, where I like to talk with them and listen to whatever comes to their mind a few minutes before the exam.
And the long-awaited moment arrived when you enter your passwords on the British Council website and get the score you needed: the long-awaited band 7. In our case, we got it the first time, although we lacked strategy so much in Writing as in Speaking. We thought that the better the level of English, the better the result (as something obvious) but in this exam, this is not true at all.
When preparing for the OET exam, you need to practice often to get ready for the speaking test. There are many different ways to do it, including finding a tutor online or joining some local class. However, you can practice at your home in your free time as well in many different ways.
While giving IELTS exam, a candidate does several things which they should try to avoid. When you join IELTS online coaching India then they will prepare you well so that you don’t make any mistakes. In this blog, we are going to mention a list of things that an IELTS...
Some people are experts in speaking English with full confidence and ease. Although they don’t have excellent vocabulary it is not a big deal to chat in English. And, on another hand, some people are just a disaster when it comes to English. They feel like there is a...
In our childhood, when we came across white foreigners at some tourist place, we get very anxious to meet them and get the opportunity to learn some English words. We all have that Childhood memory, Right? People in Punjab are very fascinated with the English because...
Are you from Punjab and struggling with IELTS bands for a long time? Did you figure what could be the reason for dripping bad scores in the IELTS test again and again? A demographic data report by the IELTS website came up with the percentage of Punjab students, and...
The moment you began preparing for the IELTS exams in Punjab, there would be several myths and rumors that you might come across. IELTS is the most talked-about exam in Punjab as it allows them to locate outside India in their favorite countries. But why Punjab has...