IELTS WRITING TASK 1 | QUESTIONS – TIPS AND TRICKS OF IELTS WRITING TASK 1
What’s in it for me?
1. All about IELTS Writing Task
2. Most Important Topics for IELTS Writing Task 1
3. Important Questions for IELTS Writing Task 1IELTS(International English Language Testing System) is a leading English language proficiency test for higher education, university admissions, employment and global migration which is managed by British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge Assessment English. With O2 Masters, Score better with our Expert Team. O2 Masters ensures their students achieve an optimal score. Our Experienced Tutors help you boost your score through a combination of smart teaching and personalized teaching plans.
1. ABOUT IELTS WRITING TASKScoring well in the IELTS writing test is very crucial for candidates because the writing subtest takes over a quarter weight in the overall band score. It is an important part of both Academic as well as general Ielts training versions. But for both the version of IELTS test writing tasks and assignments are pretty different. Writing tasks in general Ielts focuses on writing for everyday personal life and semi-formal writing styles. Whereas in the Academic version of IELTS writing tasks are relevant to the formal style of writing. The writing tasks and assignments in both the versions are different, but the test structure and the formats are very similar in general as well as the academic version of IELTS. These are some of the points regarding the IELTS writing test which are common in both versions of IELTS.
- The writing test consists of 2 tasks named Task 1 and Task 2.
- Total Writing test time is 60 minutes.
- Task 1 covers 1/3rd of the total score and task 2 covers the remaining 2/3rd.
- The candidate should answer task 1 in more than 150 words and task 2 in more than 250 words.
2. Most Important Topics for IELTS Writing task 1Before getting to the important topics, here are some relevant points you should consider. A. In task 1, the candidate will be marked on the basis of the following 4 aspects.
- Grammar – 25%
- Vocabulary – 25%
- Coherence and Cohesion – 25%
- Task Achievement – 25%
Topics For IELTS Academic Writing task 1This task tests your ability to select and report the main features, to describe and compare data, identify significance and trends in factual information, or describe a process.
- Bar Chart Sample Essay
- Process- Cement and Concrete Production.
- Pie Charts
- Process Questions
- Bar Chart Questions
- Line Graphs
For IELTS General Writing task 1In this task, you will be presented with a situation and asked to write a letter requesting information or explaining the situation. You can write the letter in a personal, semi-formal or formal style.
- Letters to Make an Application
- Letters to Invite
- Letters / Answers to Advise
- Letters / Answers to Apologise
- Letters / Answers to Make a Request
- Informal Letter
- Letter to inform
3. Questions for IELTS Writing Task 1Most important Questions for General IELTS writing task 1 that you must practice – Ques 1. You had a terrible experience at a restaurant where you have eaten last night and you have decided to inform the manager by writing a letter of what happened, and that you want your money back. Things you have to include: – You need to be concise but explain the facts of what happened. – Be Polite. No one responds to the insult. – You must Outline what you wish from him. What do you want now? Ques 2. Your internet connection has been very slow for 3 days. Write a letter to your internet service provider to make a complaint about it. In the letter : – Describe the problem and why you are not satisfied. – Ask them to arrange an engineer to visit your home – Also, Request a reduction in your bill Ques 3 You have to apply for a job. You need to write a cover letter and explain your reasons for choosing this particular job at this particular company, and also why they should choose you. Things you should include are: – Your required qualifications and reasons for you to be hired – Your energy and enthusiasm for the job – Your past experience in a particular field. Ques 4. You want to join the local orchestra. Write a letter of application to the orchestra. In the letter: – you have to introduce yourself and your choice of instrument. – Express your enthusiasm and passion for music. Ques 5. Your friends recently moved to a new city. You will also be moving to that particular city. Write a letter to your friends and also include in that letter : – Ask them how to find a place to live – for that, tell them what kind of place you want to live in. Ques 6. Write a letter to one of your favorite restaurant owners. Include the following:
- what is the reason for writing
- Why this is your favorite restaurant.
- Point out some Suggestions for improvement
|Percentage of households with:|
BLOGS FOR IELTS PREPARATION
Are you from Punjab and struggling with IELTS bands for a long time? Did you figure what could be the reason for dripping bad scores in the IELTS test again and again? A demographic data report by the IELTS website came up with the percentage of Punjab students, and...
The moment you began preparing for the IELTS exams in Punjab, there would be several myths and rumors that you might come across. IELTS is the most talked-about exam in Punjab as it allows them to locate outside India in their favorite countries. But why Punjab has...
OET- Is it a perfect course choice for nurses? Are you seeking a career in the nursing profession in abroad? If yes, many opportunities could take you to career expansion in foreign countries like New Zealand, U.K. and Australia. OET, Occupational English test,...
We are not native English speaking, and thus, even having proficient skills, we are ground by IELTS. We roam in the streets and find an academy, and we pay for the courses and the test fee. The test is so costly. We are assigned bands based on our performance in each...
Some students enjoy being at the top always. If you are one of them, then, you would have to study them all, if you would like to perform better while checking the IELTS in all four areas, that is to say, the capability of listening, reading, writing, or chatting. You...
The International English Language Testing System exam often known as IELTS is one of the most acknowledged tests that has taken to check your proficiency in the English Language. Cracking the IELTS exam can help you to get the offer of studying in 140 diverse...
Preparation for IELTS is the most crucial step towards achieving your desired goal of studying abroad. A proper Preparation, along with the right set of guidance and training before the exam, helps you to score well on the D-day. The mock tests allow you to...
OET or Occupational English Test is a language proficiency test for health professionals. It assesses their listening, reading, speaking, and writing skills. It is beneficial for the people who wish to settle and practice in an English-speaking country. OET involves...
OET 2.0 Listening Test Tips | OET Listening Are you preparing for the Occupational English Test (OET)? Do you want to score high in the OET exam? Well, in this article we will share all the key tips to improve your performance in the OET Listening subtest Part A. In...
Best Books for PTE Exam | Top 10 books PTE exam is known as the Pearson English Language test, is an English language test for students and working professionals who want to work or study abroad. The PTE exam is trusted by universities & colleges in many countries...