IELTS WRITING TASK 1 | QUESTIONS – TIPS AND TRICKS OF IELTS WRITING TASK 1
What’s in it for me?
1. All about IELTS Writing Task
2. Most Important Topics for IELTS Writing Task 1
3. Important Questions for IELTS Writing Task 1IELTS(International English Language Testing System) is a leading English language proficiency test for higher education, university admissions, employment and global migration which is managed by British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge Assessment English. With O2 Masters, Score better with our Expert Team. O2 Masters ensures their students achieve an optimal score. Our Experienced Tutors help you boost your score through a combination of smart teaching and personalized teaching plans.
1. ABOUT IELTS WRITING TASKScoring well in the IELTS writing test is very crucial for candidates because the writing subtest takes over a quarter weight in the overall band score. It is an important part of both Academic as well as general Ielts training versions. But for both the version of IELTS test writing tasks and assignments are pretty different. Writing tasks in general Ielts focuses on writing for everyday personal life and semi-formal writing styles. Whereas in the Academic version of IELTS writing tasks are relevant to the formal style of writing. The writing tasks and assignments in both the versions are different, but the test structure and the formats are very similar in general as well as the academic version of IELTS. These are some of the points regarding the IELTS writing test which are common in both versions of IELTS.
- The writing test consists of 2 tasks named Task 1 and Task 2.
- Total Writing test time is 60 minutes.
- Task 1 covers 1/3rd of the total score and task 2 covers the remaining 2/3rd.
- The candidate should answer task 1 in more than 150 words and task 2 in more than 250 words.
2. Most Important Topics for IELTS Writing task 1Before getting to the important topics, here are some relevant points you should consider. A. In task 1, the candidate will be marked on the basis of the following 4 aspects.
- Grammar – 25%
- Vocabulary – 25%
- Coherence and Cohesion – 25%
- Task Achievement – 25%
Topics For IELTS Academic Writing task 1This task tests your ability to select and report the main features, to describe and compare data, identify significance and trends in factual information, or describe a process.
- Bar Chart Sample Essay
- Process- Cement and Concrete Production.
- Pie Charts
- Process Questions
- Bar Chart Questions
- Line Graphs
For IELTS General Writing task 1In this task, you will be presented with a situation and asked to write a letter requesting information or explaining the situation. You can write the letter in a personal, semi-formal or formal style.
- Letters to Make an Application
- Letters to Invite
- Letters / Answers to Advise
- Letters / Answers to Apologise
- Letters / Answers to Make a Request
- Informal Letter
- Letter to inform
3. Questions for IELTS Writing Task 1Most important Questions for General IELTS writing task 1 that you must practice – Ques 1. You had a terrible experience at a restaurant where you have eaten last night and you have decided to inform the manager by writing a letter of what happened, and that you want your money back. Things you have to include: – You need to be concise but explain the facts of what happened. – Be Polite. No one responds to the insult. – You must Outline what you wish from him. What do you want now? Ques 2. Your internet connection has been very slow for 3 days. Write a letter to your internet service provider to make a complaint about it. In the letter : – Describe the problem and why you are not satisfied. – Ask them to arrange an engineer to visit your home – Also, Request a reduction in your bill Ques 3 You have to apply for a job. You need to write a cover letter and explain your reasons for choosing this particular job at this particular company, and also why they should choose you. Things you should include are: – Your required qualifications and reasons for you to be hired – Your energy and enthusiasm for the job – Your past experience in a particular field. Ques 4. You want to join the local orchestra. Write a letter of application to the orchestra. In the letter: – you have to introduce yourself and your choice of instrument. – Express your enthusiasm and passion for music. Ques 5. Your friends recently moved to a new city. You will also be moving to that particular city. Write a letter to your friends and also include in that letter : – Ask them how to find a place to live – for that, tell them what kind of place you want to live in. Ques 6. Write a letter to one of your favorite restaurant owners. Include the following:
- what is the reason for writing
- Why this is your favorite restaurant.
- Point out some Suggestions for improvement
|Percentage of households with:|
BLOGS FOR IELTS PREPARATION
OET or Occupational English Test is a language proficiency test for health professionals. It assesses their listening, reading, speaking, and writing skills. It is beneficial for the people who wish to settle and practice in an English-speaking country. OET involves...
OET 2.0 Listening Test Tips | OET Listening Are you preparing for the Occupational English Test (OET)? Do you want to score high in the OET exam? Well, in this article we will share all the key tips to improve your performance in the OET Listening subtest Part A. In...
Best Books for PTE Exam | Top 10 books PTE exam is known as the Pearson English Language test, is an English language test for students and working professionals who want to work or study abroad. The PTE exam is trusted by universities & colleges in many countries...
IELTS is most prominent english test which will allow you to study or work abroad. There is 2 types of Exam in IELTS first is IELTS Academic that is for study abroad and another one is ILETS General that is for Work abroad. Both contains 4 types of test Listening,...
Best Books For OET Preparation The Occupational English Test(also known as OET) is the English Language test for healthcare professionals. This exam is curated to analyze the candidate’s language proficiency of healthcare professionals who want to practice abroad. OET...
OET Reading Test Tips & Reading Material | Oet Exam Are Preparing for the Occupational English Test (OET)? Do you want to score high in the OET exam but confused about how to prepare for it? Well, in this article we will share all the key tips to improve your...
Covid -19 IELTS EXAm Latest Updates For Exam Takers As you know every country is dealing with the Novel Coronavirus that is spreading rapidly. Many Countries are following Completely Shutdown to protect its citizens. In this pandemic Situation, IELTS official, too,...
IELTS Writing Tips | 12 Tips for IELTS Writing Task 2 Are you searching for effective ways to score high in the IELTS writing task 2? In this article, I will tell you the top 12 Tips for IELTS Writing Task 2. IELTS Exam is the most common and popular...
Novel Coronavirus (Covid -19) - PTE Test Latest Updates For Exam Takers As you all are well aware, coronavirus is very much spreading around the world and is the biggest issue at present. Efforts to control the Coronavirus outbreak are continuing to be taken by the...
How to Prepare for IELTS at Home? IELTS Exam is the most prestigious Test that measures your English Proficiency. IELTS Exam allows you to work and study abroad and is accepted by 140 Countries for Study and work. IELTS Exam contains writing, speaking, reading and...