PTE WRITING TEST | TIPS AND TRICKS WITH QUICK CHECKLIST
WHATS IN IT FOR FOR ME?
1. SKILLSET ASSESSED IN PTE WRITING 2. QUICK CHECKLIST FOR PTE WRITING 3. TIPS FOR PTE ESSAY WRITING TASK 4. TIPS FOR SUMMARIZING TASK
SKILL SET ASSESSEDThere are some specific skill sets that act as the guidelines while assessing the PTE Writing Test. The following are the 5 Major key skills taken into account.
- Good Vocabulary
- You need to keep your writing interesting and also engaging. To keep your writing in that way you need to keep a varied range of vocabulary. Also, Repetition is the major fallback for many students, so keep a wider knowledge of vocabulary and avoid repetition.
- Spelling Accuracy
- Spelling accuracy is also an important aspect that is taken into account while assessment. You have to be careful with the words which have similar spellings.
- Word limit
- It refers to the number of words in which you have to complete the task. The word limit is for a reason, do not underwrite or even overwrite the word limit. In PTE Academic essay writing there is a word limit of 200 – 300 words.
- You need to have a good command over grammar to produce good quality writing. We can not go through all areas of grammar that will be assessed but the common area of development is the use of articles and tenses.
- Content is the king. Most of the candidates make a good start but gradually loses the track. Ensure that you keep referring to the main question and stay on the topic.
Quick Checklist for PTE WritingI have provided you a checklist of tricks that all you need to score well. 1. Capitalization Check The rule of capitalization can be quite confusing and is also very easy to miss out on. The most common mistakes occur with national adjectives and the names of languages. Usually the name of the person or place that has to be capitalized. Also, make sure you haven’t capitalized on the common nouns by mistake. 2. Word Limit Check You have to ensure that you follow the word limit rule. Word limit is always for a reason. You do not have to exceed the word limit also do not underwrite the essay. 3. Punctuation Check If you want to score well in PTE Writing then you must not overlook the punctuation mistakes. But it is not right to say that you should fully ignore it. It takes only a few seconds to cross-check if the punctuation is correct. 4. Voice Check You should check that your use of voice is consistent whether it be first person, second person or third person. You need to make sure that the voice you used must be consistent within the phrasing. 5. Engaging Vocabulary Check PTE Writing is only not about summarising but summarising in an engaging way. In a rush to complete the writing task, the candidates usually forgot to add some engaging words which help your writing outstand the crowd. Remember to change a few words which can give your writing an upgrade.
TIPS FOR ESSAY PTE WRITING TASK
|TASK –||Write an essay on the given topic in about 200-300 words|
|SKILL ASSESSED –||Writing|
|PROMPT LENGTH –||200 – 300 words|
|TIME –||20 Mins|
1. Language DiversificationDiversify your essay with different wow words and synonyms. Replace those words which you feel have been used too often. Do not repeat ods too often.
2. Give Structures to your IdeasDo not start writing immediately. I am sure you do not want to end up rewriting the parts of the essay. You should collect your ideas in one place and start making a structure first. Only then start writing around that structure. For this, you should use a tried and tested structure.
3. Identify the type of EssayYou need to identify what does the question really wants from you. Recognizing the wants will ensure you put in the right kind of information and don’t end up messing it by including irrelevant information.
4. Write Full sentencesMost of the candidates use a note form of writing. You should avoid note form and always write full sentences to avoid misinterpretation.
5. Remain in your Word limitYou should take the word limit very seriously. Word limit is there for a reason, do not try to exceed the word limit. Also do not underwrite the essay. Make sure you do not write less than 200 words and not more than 300 words.
TIPS FOR SUMMARIZING TASK
|TASK||Write a summary after reading a text in about 5-75 words.|
|SKILL ASSESSED||Reading and Writing|
|PROMPT LENGTH||5-75 words|