PTE Exam Common Mistakes TO Avoid | Mistakes & Tips
PTE is Multi-level test which includes Reading, Writing, Listening & Speaking lie OET & IELTS. So if you want to score well in PTE Exam it would be good to understand common mistakes students make in PTE Academic Exams & their Solutions.
Also, read the exam instructions and tips that will have you prepare for PTE Academic Exams. So let’s read a full guide on PTE Common mistakes & Their Solution
1. PTE Exam Common Mistake In Speaking
Speaking is the first part of PTE Exams in which you have to Do Personal Introduction, Read aloud, Repeat Sentence, Describe Image & Answer a short question. Speaking is important for the exam because it will affect your writing, reading & listening.
Common Mistakes of Speaking in PTE Exams & their solution
- Don’t stop for more than 3 seconds because, if you don the microphone Phone will be closed & also don’t speak too fast. So avoid taking pauses and speaking fast. Also, don’t forget to take a little pause after comma and dot.
- Don’t use words like and so too often because of its showing that you have a lack of speaking skills.
- Use Proper of noun and also pay attention to singular & Plural. These are basic grammar mistakes, So prepare well for avoiding these mistakes.
- If you made a mistake don’t repeat your mistakes continue speaks Because if you repeat your mistakes it will affect your Score.
- Don’t read the punctuation marks because it will show you have poor English speaking skills and will affect your score.
- Don’t speak before the microphone opens because if you start it will go wrong & wait for the status showing completed.
- Don’t speak slow & Fast. Speak at normal speed so people can easily understand what are you speaking
So these are the PTE Exam common mistakes in Speaking.
2. PTE Exam Common Mistake in Writing
The next section after speaking is writing in which you have to summarize written text and written text. When you submit speaking test written text will appear. So let’s understand the common mistakes in PTE Writing
- Do not write less or more than words limit given in the Exams.
- Using informal language is bad so avoid it and also don’t use incorrect phrases and quotes.
- Misuse of Vocubalary So use appropriate vocabulary and don’t forget to use Punctuation.
- Don’t make too many spelling mistakes because spelling mistakes had a bad impact on your PTE Score. So prepare well for PTE Exam to avoid spelling mistakes.
- Write clear points and examples to score good marks.
So these are common mistakes and guidelines related to PTE Exam Common mistake
3. Reading Mistakes
The next section of the PTE Academic Exam is Reading in which you have to fill multiple choice of questions and recorder paragraph. The reading part is very Important to PTE Academic Exams because it has a good weight in the overall score.
- Choose the right answers of Multiple Choice questions, because multiple choice question has negative marking.
- Don’t make spelling mistakes it will have a bad impact on your score.
- Don’t leave the answers blank it will worst than writing the wrong answer.
- Use of Illelocial Words in Fill in the blanks has a wrong impact on your PTE Academic score so don’t use Illogocial words.
- Don’t read the full passage for each question of passage because it will consume a lot of time and you have to limited time to attempt the exam.
- Students try to understand the meaning of every word even they are not familiar with the words. So don’t make these mistakes don’t try to understand the meaning of every word you aren’t familiar with.
So these are the common mistakes and tips related to Reading in PTE Exam Academic.
So these are the common mistakes and guidelines related to PET Exam Common Mistake in Reading.
4. Listening Mistakes
The last section of the PTE Academic Exam is Listening in which short video clips will be played automatically and you have to listen to these video clips. Remember these video clips will only be played for once or you can increase the volume of video by your own comfort. So in the listening part, you have to listen to video very carefully because if you don’t listen carefully you missed that what is being communicated and listening part will make a good impact on your PTE Exam score.
So these are the common mistakes of Listening in PTE Exam Academic.
- Listen Carefully to everything because one clip is only played once and keep the volume of your clip is comfortable for you.
- Keep in word limit and also check the time remaining.
- Lossing the concentrate is a very common problem among the student when giving the PTE Exams So try to practise to concentrate on things.
- Don’t try to listen to the words you missed because if try to do you will also miss the upcoming clip and also not be able to attempt further. So if you missed voice focus on upcoming don’t try to listen to them because you’re not able to play the audio.
- Don’t try to concentrate on every word if you’re not good at listening. Only try to focus on the main points to understand better.
So these are the common mistakes related to PTE Exam Common Mistake in Listening
You can read about related topics such as –
But when it comes to scoring high, you need to practice as much as you can.
Do the PTE Preparation Course with OetMasters.
CONSIDER AN ONLINE PTE PREPARATION COURSE.
O2 masters usually provide individual classes for both Academic and General Training. The main goal of O2 masters is to make a candidate enjoy learning and improve day by day.
I hope we’ve answered all your queries, if any doubt, share it in the comment section below.
We help you boost your score through a combination of smart teaching and personalized teaching plans.
BLOGS FOR IELTS PREPARATION
Preparation for IELTS is the most crucial step towards achieving your desired goal of studying abroad. A proper Preparation, along with the right set of guidance and training before the exam, helps you to score well on the D-day. The mock tests allow you to...
OET or Occupational English Test is a language proficiency test for health professionals. It assesses their listening, reading, speaking, and writing skills. It is beneficial for the people who wish to settle and practice in an English-speaking country. OET involves...
OET 2.0 Listening Test Tips | OET Listening Are you preparing for the Occupational English Test (OET)? Do you want to score high in the OET exam? Well, in this article we will share all the key tips to improve your performance in the OET Listening subtest Part A. In...
Best Books for PTE Exam | Top 10 books PTE exam is known as the Pearson English Language test, is an English language test for students and working professionals who want to work or study abroad. The PTE exam is trusted by universities & colleges in many countries...
IELTS is most prominent english test which will allow you to study or work abroad. There is 2 types of Exam in IELTS first is IELTS Academic that is for study abroad and another one is ILETS General that is for Work abroad. Both contains 4 types of test Listening,...
Best Books For OET Preparation The Occupational English Test(also known as OET) is the English Language test for healthcare professionals. This exam is curated to analyze the candidate’s language proficiency of healthcare professionals who want to practice abroad. OET...
OET Reading Test Tips & Reading Material | Oet Exam Are Preparing for the Occupational English Test (OET)? Do you want to score high in the OET exam but confused about how to prepare for it? Well, in this article we will share all the key tips to improve your...
Covid -19 IELTS EXAm Latest Updates For Exam Takers As you know every country is dealing with the Novel Coronavirus that is spreading rapidly. Many Countries are following Completely Shutdown to protect its citizens. In this pandemic Situation, IELTS official, too,...
IELTS Writing Tips | 12 Tips for IELTS Writing Task 2 Are you searching for effective ways to score high in the IELTS writing task 2? In this article, I will tell you the top 12 Tips for IELTS Writing Task 2. IELTS Exam is the most common and popular language exam...
Novel Coronavirus (Covid -19) - PTE Test Latest Updates For Exam Takers As you all are well aware, coronavirus is very much spreading around the world and is the biggest issue at present. Efforts to control the Coronavirus outbreak are continuing to be taken by the...