The International English Language Testing System exam often known as IELTS is one of the most acknowledged tests that has taken to check your proficiency in the English Language. Cracking the IELTS exam can help you to get the offer of studying in 140 diverse nations. Furthermore, it will also prepare you for the essential regular conversations in an English-speaking country.
The test-taking organization provides a score to participants ranging from 1 to 9. Here, 9 indicates the highest possible score, and one denotes the lowest. So, you can sit for this exam to get a chance to study at an international university. Alternatively, if you want to prove your English language skills for a job, you can also use this system.
However, you will have to score a minimum of 7 or higher than it to crack the IELTS test. The preparation of this exam is quite sturdy and needs a well-planned strategy. Once you plan to sit for this exam, you will need to start preparing for it as early as possible. Well, you can apply the below-mentioned strategies to enhance the chances of success.
Start Studying for the IELTS Exam:
First of all, you will have to start studying for the exam. For that, you can follow the points given below:
- Once you feel that you have enough skills in English, you can apply for the exam. But, you will have to make sure that you have a minimum of 2 months to be prepared for the test. Once you feel that you have enough skills in English, you can apply for the exam. But, you will have to make sure that you have a minimum of 2 months to be prepared for the test.
- Afterward, estimate your strengths as well as your weaknesses to determine what to concentrate on. This test involves listening, speaking, writing, and reading sections. So, evaluating your powers and flaws can help you to decide what to focus on.
- There are several IELTS study materials available on the internet. You can follow those study guides to know the exact layout of the exam. Moreover, it will also boost your success chances.
- There are many paid and free IELTS test courses available on the internet. Some of them are online, while others are offline. Choosing a coaching class can help you to get some additional study tips and guidance.
Concentrate on your Specific Knowledge:
Next, you will have to focus on your specific skills. For that, you can have a look at the below points:
- Practice your speaking abilities as fast as possible. The speaking section of this exam takes around 11-14 minutes. But, you will be communicating with the examiner the entire time in English. So, you can use an English speaking app or join an English speaking group for help.
- Start listening to English for the listening section of the exam. The listening part of the evaluatory exam is 30 minutes long. Moreover, this part emphasizes four different recordings of native English speakers. So, you can listen to English music, podcasts, or radio shows, or YouTube videos, movies to be prepared for this section.
- The reading part of the exam has 40 questions that you will have to read in between 1 hour time. There are two reading tests in the exam – General and Academic. So, you can start reading international magazines, blogs, novels, and short stories, or newspaper for IELTS preparation.
- Practice writing in English to develop your abilities for the writing part. This section is 1 hour long and has two questions. In this test, you will have to write a letter addressing a specific request and an essay in answer to a question. To practice this, you can start sending emails, letters in English. Alternatively, try to chat with your friends in English.
Attain Practice Tests and Quizzers:
Once you think that you’re listening, speaking, writing and reading practice is completed, you can start giving practice tests.
- Now, you can practice sample test questions to be familiar with the question type. The questions of the sample test can help you to know the question format on the IELTS utilizing various scenarios and languages.
- Try to take an official practice online examination for the exam. It is an excellent way to know-how will be your original test. Take time to complete each question according to the instructions of the test. It will help you to know what sections you require to spend less or more time.
- Numerous free IELTS prep applications are available to improve your exam preparation. You can download any one of them and utilize it whenever you have time. You can use it during a break in class, waiting in line, or riding the bus.
Get Ready to Take the Test:
After taking all of the above preparation, you will have to get ready to take the exam.
- Once you get the admit card, locate the test center one week before the test to make sure that you won’t get puzzled on that day. By doing this, you will also be able to identify an alternative route just in case you get stuck in traffic on the final day.
- You will have the rules and regulations of the exam and exam center while enrolling your name for the test. Go through that information carefully before the day of the test to know the necessary details.
- You need to take sufficient rest to be calm and focused during the day of the exam. So, try to sleep for a minimum of 7-8 hours of the night before the exam.
- It is also essential to take a good breakfast on the day of your exam. Else, you might be distracted and will be unable to focus on the test.
- Before entering the test center, please switch your phone off and keep it out of sight. Alternatively, you can also leave your phone at your home before leaving for the test.
- Take a deep breath and try to stay calm if you get nervous. It’s quite reasonable for a candidate to get nervous during the exam, but don’t allow it to take over your mind.
So, these are the strategies you can apply to take IELTS preparation. Hopefully, this guide will help you to crack the examination with ease.
If English is not your first language and you want to study in abroad, you will need to take an IELTS (International English Language Test). Since the format and rules of the IELTS test are slightly different from normal school exams,
Tested monthly, the OET online coaching in India covers all four language skills (writing, reading, listening, and speaking) with an emphasis on communication in a healthcare environment.
The IELTS test is an individual oral test. Essentially, the format of the oral exam of one of them tends to assess the same thing: the structures and vocabulary we use to communicate, the communicative interaction (between candidates and with the examiner), pronunciation and speech processing.As part of our service, and in this particular case, in exams that have a Speaking component, we try to minimize the tension of the candidates, by promoting a more friendly and jovial environment. And it’s there while waiting for their moment to spend the 10 or 12 or 14 minutes of their oral exam, where I like to talk with them and listen to whatever comes to their mind a few minutes before the exam.
And the long-awaited moment arrived when you enter your passwords on the British Council website and get the score you needed: the long-awaited band 7. In our case, we got it the first time, although we lacked strategy so much in Writing as in Speaking. We thought that the better the level of English, the better the result (as something obvious) but in this exam, this is not true at all.
When preparing for the OET exam, you need to practice often to get ready for the speaking test. There are many different ways to do it, including finding a tutor online or joining some local class. However, you can practice at your home in your free time as well in many different ways.
While giving IELTS exam, a candidate does several things which they should try to avoid. When you join IELTS online coaching India then they will prepare you well so that you don’t make any mistakes. In this blog, we are going to mention a list of things that an IELTS...