The International English Language Testing System exam often known as IELTS is one of the most acknowledged tests that has taken to check your proficiency in the English Language. Cracking the IELTS exam can help you to get the offer of studying in 140 diverse nations. Furthermore, it will also prepare you for the essential regular conversations in an English-speaking country.
The test-taking organization provides a score to participants ranging from 1 to 9. Here, 9 indicates the highest possible score, and one denotes the lowest. So, you can sit for this exam to get a chance to study at an international university. Alternatively, if you want to prove your English language skills for a job, you can also use this system.
However, you will have to score a minimum of 7 or higher than it to crack the IELTS test. The preparation of this exam is quite sturdy and needs a well-planned strategy. Once you plan to sit for this exam, you will need to start preparing for it as early as possible. Well, you can apply the below-mentioned strategies to enhance the chances of success.
Start Studying for the IELTS Exam:
First of all, you will have to start studying for the exam. For that, you can follow the points given below:
- Once you feel that you have enough skills in English, you can apply for the exam. But, you will have to make sure that you have a minimum of 2 months to be prepared for the test. Once you feel that you have enough skills in English, you can apply for the exam. But, you will have to make sure that you have a minimum of 2 months to be prepared for the test.
- Afterward, estimate your strengths as well as your weaknesses to determine what to concentrate on. This test involves listening, speaking, writing, and reading sections. So, evaluating your powers and flaws can help you to decide what to focus on.
- There are several IELTS study materials available on the internet. You can follow those study guides to know the exact layout of the exam. Moreover, it will also boost your success chances.
- There are many paid and free IELTS test courses available on the internet. Some of them are online, while others are offline. Choosing a coaching class can help you to get some additional study tips and guidance.
Concentrate on your Specific Knowledge:
Next, you will have to focus on your specific skills. For that, you can have a look at the below points:
- Practice your speaking abilities as fast as possible. The speaking section of this exam takes around 11-14 minutes. But, you will be communicating with the examiner the entire time in English. So, you can use an English speaking app or join an English speaking group for help.
- Start listening to English for the listening section of the exam. The listening part of the evaluatory exam is 30 minutes long. Moreover, this part emphasizes four different recordings of native English speakers. So, you can listen to English music, podcasts, or radio shows, or YouTube videos, movies to be prepared for this section.
- The reading part of the exam has 40 questions that you will have to read in between 1 hour time. There are two reading tests in the exam – General and Academic. So, you can start reading international magazines, blogs, novels, and short stories, or newspaper for IELTS preparation.
- Practice writing in English to develop your abilities for the writing part. This section is 1 hour long and has two questions. In this test, you will have to write a letter addressing a specific request and an essay in answer to a question. To practice this, you can start sending emails, letters in English. Alternatively, try to chat with your friends in English.
Attain Practice Tests and Quizzers:
Once you think that you’re listening, speaking, writing and reading practice is completed, you can start giving practice tests.
- Now, you can practice sample test questions to be familiar with the question type. The questions of the sample test can help you to know the question format on the IELTS utilizing various scenarios and languages.
- Try to take an official practice online examination for the exam. It is an excellent way to know-how will be your original test. Take time to complete each question according to the instructions of the test. It will help you to know what sections you require to spend less or more time.
- Numerous free IELTS prep applications are available to improve your exam preparation. You can download any one of them and utilize it whenever you have time. You can use it during a break in class, waiting in line, or riding the bus.
Get Ready to Take the Test:
After taking all of the above preparation, you will have to get ready to take the exam.
- Once you get the admit card, locate the test center one week before the test to make sure that you won’t get puzzled on that day. By doing this, you will also be able to identify an alternative route just in case you get stuck in traffic on the final day.
- You will have the rules and regulations of the exam and exam center while enrolling your name for the test. Go through that information carefully before the day of the test to know the necessary details.
- You need to take sufficient rest to be calm and focused during the day of the exam. So, try to sleep for a minimum of 7-8 hours of the night before the exam.
- It is also essential to take a good breakfast on the day of your exam. Else, you might be distracted and will be unable to focus on the test.
- Before entering the test center, please switch your phone off and keep it out of sight. Alternatively, you can also leave your phone at your home before leaving for the test.
- Take a deep breath and try to stay calm if you get nervous. It’s quite reasonable for a candidate to get nervous during the exam, but don’t allow it to take over your mind.
So, these are the strategies you can apply to take IELTS preparation. Hopefully, this guide will help you to crack the examination with ease.
IELTS is most prominent english test which will allow you to study or work abroad. There is 2 types of Exam in IELTS first is IELTS Academic that is for study abroad and another one is ILETS General that is for Work abroad. Both contains 4 types of test Listening,...
Best Books For OET Preparation The Occupational English Test(also known as OET) is the English Language test for healthcare professionals. This exam is curated to analyze the candidate’s language proficiency of healthcare professionals who want to practice abroad. OET...
OET Reading Test Tips & Reading Material | Oet Exam Are Preparing for the Occupational English Test (OET)? Do you want to score high in the OET exam but confused about how to prepare for it? Well, in this article we will share all the key tips to improve your...
Covid -19 IELTS EXAm Latest Updates For Exam Takers As you know every country is dealing with the Novel Coronavirus that is spreading rapidly. Many Countries are following Completely Shutdown to protect its citizens. In this pandemic Situation, IELTS official, too,...
IELTS Writing Tips | 12 Tips for IELTS Writing Task 2 Are you searching for effective ways to score high in the IELTS writing task 2? In this article, I will tell you the top 12 Tips for IELTS Writing Task 2. IELTS Exam is the most common and popular...
Novel Coronavirus (Covid -19) - PTE Test Latest Updates For Exam Takers As you all are well aware, coronavirus is very much spreading around the world and is the biggest issue at present. Efforts to control the Coronavirus outbreak are continuing to be taken by the...