Are you from Punjab and struggling with IELTS bands for a long time? Did you figure what could be the reason for dripping bad scores in the IELTS test again and again? A demographic data report by the IELTS website came up with the percentage of Punjab students, and most of them did not even manage to cross even a 6 band. What could be the reasons for this kind of bad IELTS score? Let’s understand every aspect of detail and help you to improve.
Among all over India, the maximum students who appear for an IELTS test are Punjab enthusiasts. They are also significant aspirants to locate in foreign countries for study and work purposes. Hence, they hold a distinct thirst for the English language and undergo various courses to enhance their capabilities. But is that enough? Students from throughout the world indulge in IELTS exams after months of training and professional skills. How can non-English speaking Punjab students become overnight English masters? It is high time to break this myth and get familiar with real reasons why Punjab students need to face multiple failures in the IELTS test.
- Shortcuts- Punjab students wish to seek quick excellence within a short period of their English skills. For this, they opt for a couple of weeks of the crash course and instantly appear for exams. They feel that if they can speak moderate English, they can easily score high bands in IELTS with a few training days. But cracking this exam and securing good marks is not an easy game.
You need a large amount of conviction, continuity, and assistance to understand every small English language aspect. Gaining knowledge through crash courses might also wipe off easily within no time. Anyone from Punjab or anywhere who wants to appear for these exams must include a few months of IELTS training through any reputed institutes.
- Pronunciation and slang- Several IELTS institutes agree that the Indian accent is not perfect or up to the mark as per the IELTS standards. This turns out to be a vital marking parameter. Hence, Punjab students need a long time to get the hang of the correct and appropriate pronunciation. Few ideal coaches from this industry also ascertain that the training must start at least three months to gain a good band. For non-native English speakers, it is barely possible to apply English effectively in various sections of IELTS.
- The casual approach towards examination- Those having a firm English background also need to study thoroughly and practice well before appearing for IELTS exams. But they can cope with the portion within the time of 1 or 2 weeks from it. However, students from Punjab need to start fresh with fundamental grammar rules revisions before reaching this course’s advanced levels. Reading, speaking, and writing are challenging if the students do not know the correct ways to use this language.
Many others use rhetoric sentences or the double negatives for this purpose. Listening to the English in a British accent and then writing it properly requires a lot of effort. Students from India backgrounds often find it challenging to understand the exact accent and interpret it correctly.
- English learning takes time- In Punjab, you can come across several billboards claiming to teach English in 30 days that can help you to crack IELTS/TOEFL exams. Have you ever wondered about its authenticity? Such claims are ridiculous, and there is no shortcut to getting the right knowledge of any language. It is an intrusive process that requires lots of willingness to keep learning new rules and tricks for language perfection. A few sentences free from grammatical errors or picking some foreign accents cannot make you a pro in this language. Starting at least three months in advance can help you find the best tips to gain excellent IELTS exam results.
- Students lack ‘Lexical Resource’- This is a significant area where most of the Punjab students lose their scores. Lexical Resource refers to the vocabulary in essays. Excellent and proficient vocabulary can be a significant turning point of your IELTS bands, and most of the students make the mistake of ignoring it. Sneaking through lots of books like Cambridge and dictionaries can take you a few steps ahead to success.
With the top 5 reasons stated above, it is quite clear that most of the Punjab students face failure in IELTS tests due to over-confidence and lack of practice. Polish your skills for a continued time and then head towards booking the exam slot. Nothing is impossible to achieve if you pour in lots of hard work, effort, and dedication. Now during Covid-19 times, online IELTS coaching institutes can lead you to this test’s suRelated Blogsccess mantras with extensive learning tutorials and an unbiased syllabus that elaborates every detail individually. If you wish to head up for long-term success, skip the small shortcuts and take additional steps to reach the IELTS test’s 8+ bands.
Are you Looking for best IELTS Institute in Punjab? Contact O2 Masters
OET Writing Sub Test Three Big Mistakes to Avoid
According to OET preparation course for doctors this is confusing for the reader because no logical link is provided between the first and second paragraphs.
How to Read the News and Improve your IELTS Reading Score
If English is not your first language and you want to study in abroad, you will need to take an IELTS (International English Language Test). Since the format and rules of the IELTS test are slightly different from normal school exams,
Format of OET exam 2021
Tested monthly, the OET online coaching in India covers all four language skills (writing, reading, listening, and speaking) with an emphasis on communication in a healthcare environment.
Rumours About IELTS in Punjab
The IELTS test is an individual oral test. Essentially, the format of the oral exam of one of them tends to assess the same thing: the structures and vocabulary we use to communicate, the communicative interaction (between candidates and with the examiner), pronunciation and speech processing.As part of our service, and in this particular case, in exams that have a Speaking component, we try to minimize the tension of the candidates, by promoting a more friendly and jovial environment. And it’s there while waiting for their moment to spend the 10 or 12 or 14 minutes of their oral exam, where I like to talk with them and listen to whatever comes to their mind a few minutes before the exam.
How to get 7+ each in IELTS 2021
And the long-awaited moment arrived when you enter your passwords on the British Council website and get the score you needed: the long-awaited band 7. In our case, we got it the first time, although we lacked strategy so much in Writing as in Speaking. We thought that the better the level of English, the better the result (as something obvious) but in this exam, this is not true at all.
Learn OET Speaking Step By Step in 2021
When preparing for the OET exam, you need to practice often to get ready for the speaking test. There are many different ways to do it, including finding a tutor online or joining some local class. However, you can practice at your home in your free time as well in many different ways.
10 Things You Should Never Do Before IELTS Exam
While giving IELTS exam, a candidate does several things which they should try to avoid. When you join IELTS online coaching India then they will prepare you well so that you don’t make any mistakes. In this blog, we are going to mention a list of things that an IELTS...
Are You Scared To Speak English in Public?
Some people are experts in speaking English with full confidence and ease. Although they don’t have excellent vocabulary it is not a big deal to chat in English. And, on another hand, some people are just a disaster when it comes to English. They feel like there is a...
Why Punjabis Love English?
In our childhood, when we came across white foreigners at some tourist place, we get very anxious to meet them and get the opportunity to learn some English words. We all have that Childhood memory, Right? People in Punjab are very fascinated with the English because...
8 Common IELTS myths and rumors in Punjab
The moment you began preparing for the IELTS exams in Punjab, there would be several myths and rumors that you might come across. IELTS is the most talked-about exam in Punjab as it allows them to locate outside India in their favorite countries. But why Punjab has...
OET 2.0 THINGS TO KNOW
OET- Is it a perfect course choice for nurses? Are you seeking a career in the nursing profession in abroad? If yes, many opportunities could take you to career expansion in foreign countries like New Zealand, U.K. and Australia. OET, Occupational English test,...
IELTS speaking questions with answers
We are not native English speaking, and thus, even having proficient skills, we are ground by IELTS. We roam in the streets and find an academy, and we pay for the courses and the test fee. The test is so costly. We are assigned bands based on our performance in each...