The second part of the writing test is IELTS Writing task 2. In this section, you have to express your views, provide a relevant argument for the problem, or in response write an essay. The essay should be clear, informative, and presented in a formal style. The time allotted to this section is 40 minutes. You have to at least write 250 words to explain your context. When you will join best IELTS coaching in Delhi they will give you best advice to score well.
Important Information Regarding IELTS Writing Task 2
Now, let’s dig into information for IELTS writing task 2 that will help to score a good band.
- It is recommended not to use more than 40 minutes to complete writing task 2. Manage the time properly so that your task is completed within the time frame.
- 66% of weightage is given to IELTS writing task 2 from the total marks. They are marked as Coherence and Cohension-25%, Grammar-25%, Task Respons-25%, and Vocabulary-25%.
- For writing task 2, you have to prepare an informative formal essay. The type of essay that can come in the IELTS exam are:
- Opinions and Discussions.
- Direct Questions.
- GT writing task 2 is similar in comparison with Academic IELTS. Scoring and essay writing is similar. The only difference spotted is that GT questions are simple than academic IELTS.
Steps by Step Instruction to Score Good Grades in IELTS Writing Task 2
When you join IELTS online coaching India then they will guide you on how to score In IELTS writing task 2.
- Analyze Question
Before attempting the question, it is important to analyze the question carefully. In this way, you will know what is expected out of it. The biggest mistake candidate do is not giving an answer to the question fully. This leads to not scoring more than 5 Bands.
Identify the type of question, go through the instruction word, and check out the keywords in question. This is the best way to analyze the question. After this, you can proceed further.
While studying in the
than they will provide you the instructions to plan the answer properly. You should take almost 7 to 8 minutes to plan your answer. When you plan the things then it will help in executing the ideas properly and giving exact structure to the essay. This will eventually lead to producing the right piece of paper.
- Focus on Introduction
Your introduction will guide the examiner about the entire essay. This will help the examiner to know about your point of discussion and will take them to the body paragraphs.
- Write Body Paragraphs
This is the part where you can explain the details regarding the topic. You should come up with the relevant points that must be backed by the examples and justifiable statements.
While writing a conclusion, you have to write up a summary of what is mentioned in the entire essay.
Essay Questions for IELTS Writing Task 2
Broadly, there is 5 type of essay question for IELTS writing task 2.
- Direct Question Essay Title
- We often measure success in terms of material belongings and wealth. What are views as wealth is the right parameter to measure success? How you can become a successful person?
- News is like an integral part of human being lives. Why people are desperate for news? Why news reporters are dedicated to bad news? Should the reporters focus on spreading the good news?
- Opinion Essay Questions
- People have an opinion that money should be spent generously on safeguarding endangered species while other people think that it is waste of time and money. What do you think?
- In today’s world, people are surrounded by technological equipment. Internet comes up with many advantages but people face the fear of losing crucial information. Do you think these problems overweigh the advantages? Explain your point of view?
- Solution Essay Questions
- In a developing country, the one problem that is faced by people is the bad quality of water and air due to construction and other industries pollutants. In your view, what are the precautionary measures that one should take?
- The major problem faced today in urban cities is overpopulation. Suggest solutions to resolve the issues.
- Advantage and Disadvantage Questions
- It is suggested that change is a must than avoiding it and keeping all the things unchanged. What do you think about whether the changes are more when compared with the disadvantages?
- Nowadays, there is an increasing trend where students take a year off before going to university and finishing school. In your point of view, what are the advantages and disadvantages of it?
- Discussion Questions
- All parents want to provide the best facilities for their children. Some parents think that schooling teaches skills to their children. But, some parents think that schooling builds the future by teaching them various subjects. Discuss both sides and what your opinion is.
- According to some people, the key to health is exercise while other things that are because of a balanced diet. Discuss both sides and what your opinion is.